What we're looking for: 4 travel videographers, willing and able to travel for up to 60 days in teams of two people, starting as early as May 2012
Shoot locations: Destinations in Europe and North America
Expenses: Viator will pay up to USD $15,000 per videographer to cover travel expenses; plus Viator will furnish video equipment and pay for reasonable travel expenses to/from your home city to your destination.
Bonus: At the conclusion of the assignment, both video teams will submit "Wrap-up" videos which will be posted on Viator's Facebook page. Users will vote for their favorite video and the winning team will receive USD $10,000 to split between them.
With nearly 9,000+ events, tours and activities, 750+ destinations in 150+ countries worldwide, Viator is the traveler's one-stop-shop for researching, planning, and booking destination activities that meet a wide range of travel tastes and preferences. Viator offers something for everyone, from the traditional excursion to the extreme adventure. . . and everything in between.
Wanted: Four hard-working global travelers with a passion for videography!
Viator is embarking on one of its most exciting projects to date: we're offering four people the chance to win the travel assignment of a lifetime! Between May and July 2012 we're sending 4 people to shoot video in top cities across Europe and North America. We're looking for travelers who love to shoot video, as well as aspiring and experienced filmmakers. Prior film experience is a bonus, but not required. What matters most is your excitement, creativity, and passion for travel!
Videographers will be traveling in teams of two, one team filming North America & one team filming Europe. Each team will visit roughly 20 cities in 60 days, along the way shooting video of top local attractions, tours and things to do. A love for travel and an interest in videography is a must! You must also be able to travel for up to 60 days as early as May 2012.
Videographers will be supported by an on-the-ground team based in San Francisco, so the ability to communicate and work with others is very important. The project is going to be fast-paced. Teams will beon-the-go constantly so we need people who are energetic, ambitious, punctual,and up for a challenge!
To submit an entry, visit Viator's Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/ViatorTours) or http://winyourdreamtraveljob.com/ and follow the instructions for submitting your original video in accordance with the Official Rules (https://d1ncmqs035wa42.cloudfront.net/other/1330016992-1108.html).
Some important points to note - In order to be accepted your video submission must:
- Be original, and feature you.
- Be no longer than 3 minutes
- Be presented in English with reasonable sound and visual quality.
- Be submitted with a complete an accurate application form.
- Explain why you are the best person for the assignment in an entertaining way, and loosely following one of the following three topics:
- Topic #1: Top Things to Do. Take us on a tour of your city - Describe your favorite things to do, places to go, foods to eat, or whatever else you love about your hometown!
- Topic #2: Top Travel Tips. We're looking for experienced travelers with advice to give! Tell us some of your most useful travel tips.
- Topic #3: Share a memorable travel experience. Tell us about the funniest, scariest, happiest or mostmoving travel experience you ever had.
- Viator is accepting video submissions from February 22 to April 25, 2012 at http://www.facebook.com/ViatorTours
- Viator will select three Semi-Finalists on a rolling basis, approximately every two weeks (March 15, March 29, April 12, April 26).
- In each of the four judging periods, Viator staff will interview three Semi-Finalists and select one Finalist.
- All four Finalists must be willing and able to travel to San Francisco (at Viator's expense) for in-person training, and to travel for 60 days in Europe or North America.
- Team 1's training is scheduled to occur in late-April for a travel start date of May 1, 2012. Team 2's training is schedule to occur late-May for a start date of June 1, 2012.